Anyone in a position of leadership would benefit from the training programme. If someone has to harness the skills and energy of other people to achieve a common goal then this course is for them. The leadership skills training course will benefit participants that are relatively new to the role of leadership or are in need of a fresh perspective to their leadership role.
There are three elements of leadership that the training will focus on, these are: Personal Leadership, Team Leadership and Task Leadership.
Icebreaker – Leadership Words - Helping participants to focus on the relevant attributes of a leader and explore their own views towards leadership.
Personal Leadership – Identifying with strengths and weaknesses and developing a strong sense of self-awareness by reviewing the following areas:
- Be True to Your Strengths – A self review of personal attributes and their current effectiveness and personal actions to develop.
- Solicit Feedback - Understanding working relationships and reviewing which interactions are working and those that are not.
- Ask Good Questions and Listen to the Responses - Challenging the participants to take positive measures to become truly self-aware.
- Commit to Lifelong Learning - Identifying valuable methods of learning and development.
Team Leadership - Learning to motivate and inspire teams in the face of challenges by reviewing the following areas:
- Be Positive – Developing a fundamental belief that you can change and improve things.
- Develop a Vision – Using a clear process for developing goals and aims that are directly related to the vision of the organisation and making them live for the team.
- Lead by Example - Realising that they must set an example to the team and effectively demonstrate they have a strong work ethic.
- Be Inclusive - Taking a questionnaire to establish their current approach to inclusiveness. Developing a sensible approach to transformational leadership and valuing the input of the team.
- Manage Negativity - Exploring the impact of negativity and establishing methods of overcoming it.
Task Leadership - Ensuring the job gets done and you are instrumental in improvements that secure the future of your work area and the organisation as a whole. Reviewing the following areas:
- Delegation – Distributing relevant work tasks in such a way that it is seen as motivational and effective. Following a clear and simple process.
- Continuous Improvement - Identifying new opportunities. Regularly reviewing business processes and methods in the drive for improvement.
- Problem Solving – Coping with problems as they arise and using a simple method to explore innovative ideas and come to a reasoned solution.
At the end of this leadership skills training course, participants will be able to: